We are RISE Interactive. We create groundbreaking user experiences.
RISE Interactive Institute AB is an experimental IT & design research institute dedicated to the creation of groundbreaking user experiences. We offer expertise in interaction design, visualization, user behavior, sound design, games and entertainment. Through creative and collaborative processes we empower people to create new ways of doing and thinking.
We develop new research areas, concepts, products and services, and provide strategic advice to corporations and public organizations. Our results are developed in close collaboration with industry and society, exhibited worldwide, and brought out to society through commissioned work, license agreements and spin-off companies.
Finding the frontiers
For more than a decade, RISE Interactive has worked systematically to identify new research fields and to create pioneering projects with great potential for innovation. The research has given rise to larger research programs and funding initiatives that have created renewal within the research community and played an important part for Swedish industry, regional development and the image of Sweden as an innovative nation.
Since the start in 1998, our work has been characterized by our exploration of the borders between design and technology in industrial and academic settings as well as public and private sectors. With our expertise, we bring an innovative edge to industry, we connect stakeholders for extraordinary synergies, we bring renewal to policy work and we add creative values and innovative thinking to the collaborations we are involved in. Our knowledge of participatory innovation and creative visualization creates world-class research results and brings a unique set of skills to our partners and the Swedish research and innovation sector.
- RISE Interactive (formerly called Interactive Institute until 2017) was founded in 1998 by the Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF).
- Owner: Swedish ICT (to be changed to RICE ICT 2017) - a group of research institutes in the forefront of ICT research and development. Swedish ICT is part of RISE Research Institutes of Sweden (the Swedish government’s holding company for ownership of research and technology organizations).
- RISE Interactive has about 62 employees in 6 cities; Stockholm/Kista (HQ), Piteå, Umeå, Eskilstuna, Norrköping and Gothenburg.
- Turnover in 2014: 51,4 MSEK.
- National industry sector 37 %
- National project funding 32 %
- Swedish government 17 %
- International industry sector 7 %
- EU projects 7 %
- RISE Interactive is a non profit distributing organization.